The « Essential » Laguiole knives range is made into our workshop. Despite those knives aren’t branded Gilles®, you may take advantage of their excellent Quality / Price ratio. Those 2 solid stainless bolsters knives are perfect as EDC (everyday carry): 12C27 stainless blade, traditional shepherd’s cross ,and a forged “bee” spring (no welding) including a blade stop.
The differences with the Gilles® range of traditional Laguiole knives are as follows :
- Limited choice of French woods, slightly thinner than the Gilles® range. 1mm thick liners instead of 1,2.
- No horn handle (except black horn), nor burl and rare woods. No personalization nor Damascus & special steels.
- Handles are assembled with screws unlike the traditional assembling with handmade rivets.
- Satin polishing only, including into the mechanism.
- Delivered with a not-numerated guarantee certificate and a suede pouch.
Take avantage of free shipping on our folding knives range.
The quality of our manufacturing enables us to give you a lifetime manufacturer's guarantee.
We shipped our knives worldwide since 1999.
Fontenille Pataud was founded in 1929 and quickly became recognized as a manufacturer of high-end knives.